Eligibility Criterion for Admission:
- Citizenship : Must be an Indian Citizen.
- Qualification : Must have passed the Secondary / Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English, Physical Science / Science and Mathematics among others as subjects securing at least 35% marks (no rounding up)in aggregate as per AICTE norms, excluding the marks of the subject taken as additional. Candidates appearing in the Secondary / Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English, Physical Science/ Science and Mathematics among others as subjects may also apply. However conforming to the benchmark of 35% (no rounding up as per AICTE norms) in aggregate excluding the marks of the subjects taken as additional, is must, failing to which candidature is liable to be cancelled even after selection in JEXPO.
- Age: At least 15 years and there is no upper age limit.
Prescribed Medical Standards for Admission:
A candidate seeking admission to the courses under the WBSCT & VE & SD (TED) must possess good physical and mental health. They should not be suffering from any disease or mental infirmity. He / She should not suffer from colour blindness. All candidates must have to produce Medical Fitness Certificate mentioning the above criterion issued by a Regd. Medical Practitioner at the time of admission. Such medical certificate must possess Signature , Seal, and Registration no. of the medical practitioner.
Method of Counselling:
All candidates are directed to keep in touch on regular basis with council website www.webscte.org for information in respect of counselling and admission. The process of counselling commences tentatively in June. SC, ST, PH, OBC-A, OBC-B candidates are required to produce cast certificate or Physically Challenged certificate or related Certificate in original issued by the competent authority of Government of West Bengal at the time of admission without which their claim for reserved seats will not be entertained. Candidate will have to take admission within the date mentioned in the allotment letter. Failure to take admission within the stipulated date will make the candidate ineligible for the offered seat and the vacant seat will be allotted to any other eligible candidate.
- Reservation to Scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribe(ST), physically challenged (PH), other backward classes (OBC –A/B) are applicable for admission as per government norms.
- District Quota (DQ): 20% of the seats in polytechnic in each district is reserved for the candidates of the respective district, provided he/she must pass Madhyamik or Equivalent examination from the district for which he/ she claiming the reservation. In case of non-availability of candidates in district quota, the vacant seats will be treated as state quota.
- Female Quota (FQ): Out of the seats in district quota 25% is reserved for female candidates for that specific district. In case of non-availability of candidates in district quota, the vacant seats will be treated as normal seats of respective category.
- Land Loser Quota (LLQ): Persons whose land has been acquired by the government for Public Interest and who possess proper certificate from competent Government authority is eligible for reservation in 2% of the total seats of Govt. sponsored polytechnics.
- Management Quota (MQ) : Council reserves 25% seats for self financed polytechnics. Not applicable.
As per G.O. No. 525-TET (Poly) dated 29.07.2009 read with G.O. No 678-TET (Poly) dated 19.10.2009 of the Department of Technical Education and Training, Polytechnic Branch, Government of West Bengal, the fee structure in Government and Govt. sponsored polytechnics are as per the list below.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 200/-(during 1st admission in every year)|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 50 per month|
|Caution Deposit||Rs. 35/-|
|Session Charge||Rs. 50/-|
|Hostel Rent||Rs. 50/- (per month)||Not Applicable as Hostel facility currently not available.|
|Electric Charge for Hostel||Rs. 50/- (per month)|
Please visit the following link to get latest fee structure.
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)
As per Government norms the economically backward meritorious students of all AICTE approved Govt. and Govt. sponsored polytechnics of the state of West Bengal is eligible for Tuition fee waiver (TFW) scheme. Upto 5% of the sanctioned intake per course will be made available in the scheme. The waiver is limited to tuition fee only.
Eligibility: Students who have been merit listed in the JEXPO conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development, whose annual family income from all sources in the preceding financial year is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs (This limit may change time to time) only who are domiciled in West Bengal are eligible for availing TFW scheme.
(For the latest information on Admission, students are advised to visit website of the Council at : www.webscte.org )